YES! WE ARE OPEN!
We are here to serve those in need. We have taken every extra step of cleanliness here at the office. If you are sick with the below listed symptoms, we encourage you to stay home.
With all the noise on the news, we wanted to create a page on our website and give some strategies on how to deal with this situation.
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
also called: 2019-nCov, 2019 Novel Coronavirus
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is characterized by mild symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath and fever. Illness can be more severe for some people and can lead to pneumonia or breathing difficulties.
More rarely, the disease can be fatal. Older people, and people with other medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease etc), may be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill.
People may experience:
- runny nose
- sore throat
difficulty breathing/shortness of breath (severe cases)
This event has caused many of you to go to the store and find no toilet paper and cleaning supplies. We have tried and have seen the empty shelves. If you don’t have a supply of basics – start to build one. Most suggest a 1-2 month supply of essential items / ie. medications. The other risk to be prepared for is Community wide or discrete Quarantine.
Even if you are without symptoms, it is possible to travel somewhere on a plane with infected passengers who are discovered on arrival, resulting in suspended travel for co-passengers (can’t get the return flight). JUST HAVE A PLAN!!
HOW TO STAY HEALTHY
- Get adjusted – Your nervous system works better when it is balanced. An upper cervical adjustment increases white blood count and boosts your immune system for up to 7 hours.
- Exercise – Gym is not the only place for exercise to happen. Your home has everything you need to move, stretch, get your heart rate up and even strength train! Make sure to break a sweat, because that’s how our body gets things moving on out!
- Manage your stress levels – In times like this, our stress levels sky rocket. Stress is known to cause 90% of all illness and will only dramatically decrease our body’s ability to FIGHT. Amidst all the unknown and chaos right now, try and find peace. Meditate, stay away from social media, love on your people, and stay grounded. Get plenty of restful sleep. Your immune system requires large amounts of energy, so it depends on adequate sleep to function at full capacity. Getting adjusted helps activate your parasympathetic nerve system, which helps your stress.
- Feed your health – I understand the impulse for pasta, bread and potatoes for stocking up the pantry. However, this is exactly what our diet should not be based on. Later this week I will be sending out how and why to stock up on fresh produce! But, for now lots of greens and lots of citrus!!!!! 6 Servings of vegetables and a cup of citrus a day!
- Supplements – Here are our top recommendations for non-symptomatic immune system support for kids and adults:
- Vitamin C (from Arceolla Cherry Powder)
- Vitamin D3 (and or 20 minutes of mid-day sun exposure)
- Immuplex by Standard Process. 3-4 Capsules per day. Adults only.
- Congaplex by Standard Process. 3 tablets per day. Kids under the age of 12.
- Probiotics. Recommended dose by your product
- Vitamin B complex. Recommended dose by your product.
- Beef Liver Extract by Vital Proteins. Recommended dose by your product.
- Probiotics – keep your gut working – 70% of the immune system is in the gut
- EAT healthy – lots of vegetables!
For more information on how you can Support a Healthy Immune System: Click Here!
We are here for you! God Bless you all,
Drs. Pearsons and team
AND DON’T FORGET TO WASH YOUR HANDS…WITH SOAP! 🙂